How to accept payments with Paystack
Integrating with Paystack is free and can be done in the shortest time possible. The steps below should guide you on how to get started; we believe this can help and we have also added some more information you might need:
1. Create a free account: Fill out the information here to create a free account:
2. Integrate Paystack: If you're a developer (or if you're working with a developer), you'll need test API keys to connect Paystack to your website. Your developers can go here
https://dashboard.paystack.co/#/settings/developer to get their test API keys, and they can also access our libraries and plugins here https://developers.paystack.co/docs
If you don't have a developer, we have a feature called Payment Pages that lets you set up a simple form through which people can pay you, without needing to code.
3. Request account activation: Fill the account activation form request form here:
https://dashboard.paystack.co/#/settings/activate-account. While doing this, you will need to upload your Certificate of Incorporation, provide details of your corporate bank account, and give us the link to your website that has Paystack integrated.
4. Activate live keys: Once your account has been activated, please copy the live keys in the Developers / API menu under the Settings page and enable Paystack so you can start receiving live payments.
(IMPORTANT: Please note that the name on your certificate of incorporation must correspond with the name on your corporate bank account details.)
Your account should go live within 24 hours of receiving your request!
Information about transaction charges
Here's some additional information that might be useful:
Charges for Local transactions
1. Charge for transactions below NGN 2,500 = 1.5% of the transaction
2. Charge for transactions above NGN 2,500 = 1.5% of the transaction + NGN 100
Transaction fees are capped at NGN 2,000. This means the highest transaction fee to be charged by
Paystack for local transactions is NGN 2,000.
For instance, if a customer pays NGN 150,000, the transaction charge would be NGN 2,350 (1.5% + 100 of NGN 150,000) but since NGN 2,000 is our capped fee, NGN 350 will be waived.
Charges for International transactions
3.9% of the transaction + NGN 100
Charge for transferring funds from Paystack balance to any Nigerian bank
Flat rate of NGN 50
Let us know if you have any questions!
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on +234 908 566 2909 if you further clarification - we are happy to help!