How do I sell Products on Paystack?
Products on Paystack enables you to create products to sell with Payment Pages or to sell them individually. This gives your customer a better idea of what they are paying for and allows you, the seller, to qualify and quantify what you are selling. You can now manage a suite of products that your business offers, directly from your Paystack Dashboard. Likewise, your customers can buy many products at specific quantities and pay for them at once.
The Products Page
On the Products Page, you can see a list of all the products you wish to sell from your Paystack Dashboard. You can get here by clicking ' Products' on the left sidebar on your dashboard.
Here are a few ways you can interact with the Products Page:
- Filters: You can filter your products by what date they were added.
- Search Products: You are able to search for a product by name.
- New Product: This is where you add a new product.
- Products Table: This table shows a list of all the products you have created. It also shows the product description, the price, stock quantity, and the date the product was created.
A Product in detail
If you click on a particular product, you are able to get more information on that product, and even track how that product is doing. This is what you see when you click on a product:
- Product Name & Description: Near the top left corner, you will see the product name and description.
- Status: Here you can see whether a product is available or not.
- Link: This is a direct link to your product, which can be shared with a customer to purchase it.
- Price: The price of the product.
- Date Created: The date and time stamp of when this product was created.
- Quantity Sold: Here is the number of this product that has been sold.
- Quantity in Stock: This is the quantity of the product that you have available. This always changes as customers buy your product, but you can always edit the number when you gain more stock.
- Total Revenue: The total income obtained from selling this product.
- Edit/Delete Product: Here you can edit all aspects of your product, such as the name, description, price and stock quantity. You can also choose to delete your product.
- Filter: On the right side of the page, you can filter your purchases by the customer's email or the date the product was purchased.
- Export CSV: You are also able to export the purchase history of this product.
- Purchase Table: This table shows a list of all the customers that purchased this product. Here you can see the customer's email, the quantity they purchased, the unit price as well as the date and time the purchase was made. There is also a link to the customer's transaction.
How do I create a Product?
To create a product, simply visit the Product Page on your Paystack Dashboard and follow the steps below:
- On the Product Page, click 'New Product'.
- A pop-up box will appear where you have to fill in the name, description (optional), price and quantity of that product. Complete these fields.
- After providing information on your product, simply click 'Create'.
- You have successfully created a product.
How do I sell my Products?
You can go about selling your products in two ways. You can either share the link to any of your products with your customers so they can buy it, or you can create a Payment Page to sell multiple products at once.
How do I sell a single product?
Go to the Products menu and follow the steps below to do this:
- When on the Products menu, click on any of the products you would like to sell.
- This will open the Product in more detail, above the price of the product, you will see a link you can copy and share with your customers. Simply copy this link.
- Share this link with your customers and they will be able to buy this particular product. The page where they pay will look like this:
How do I sell multiple products at once?
To sell multiple products at once you will need to create a Payment Page linked to multiple products. Go to the Payment Pages Menu and follow the steps below to do this:
- On the payment pages menu, click on 'New Page'.
- A pop-up box will appear where you have to select between 'One-time Payment', 'Subscription Payment' and 'Product Payment'. Select 'Product Payment'.
- You will then be presented with another pop-up box, where you have to provide information on this payment page, such as the name, description (optional), and image (optional). Complete these fields.
- After completing the fields, click 'Create' to produce a Payment Page for your products.
- The next step is to add products to this Payment Page, you just created. To do this, click on the Payment Page.
Important to Note:
When you create a Payment Page for your products, it will be unpublished by default until you add a product and it cannot be published without a product. Adding a product makes it publishable, after which you can start selling with it.
- Near the bottom left corner, you will see the option to 'Add Products', click on this and another pop-up box will appear.
- On this pop-up, you will be able to search for products you have previously created and add them to the Payment Page. You can also create a product here if you haven't before.
Important to Note:
You can add as many products as you wish to this payment page as well as add or remove products at any time.
- After selecting the products you wish to sell on this payment page, click 'Add Products'. The Payment Page will automatically publish and you can now start selling your products!
Important to Note:
If you set a stock quantity when creating a product, kindly remember to regularly update the number of available products. This is important because as you make sales, the stock unit will keep reducing until it gets to zero. At zero stock, your product will be unavailable for your customers to buy, which may not be the case. You can always edit the available quantity of your product at any time or, not set a quantity to begin with. Not setting a quantity means you have unlimited stock.