How much does Paystack charge per transaction?
Across all our payment channels, we charge the same fee for transactions made from Naira bank accounts. Here is a breakdown of our transaction fees:
For local transactions in Naira
- Our charge per transaction is 1.5% + NGN 100
- The NGN 100 is waived for transactions below NGN 2,500. This means that for transactions below NGN 2,500 we will charge only 1.5%
- Our fees for local transactions in Naira are capped at NGN 2,000. This means that Paystack will never collect more than NGN 2,000, as fees for local transactions made from Naira bank accounts
Important to note
Paystack will never charge you more than NGN 2,000 for a single transaction made from a local bank account. This means if a customer pays you NGN 150,000, the transaction charge would initially be NGN 2,350 (1.5% (+ 100) of NGN 150,000), but since NGN 2,000 is our capped fee, NGN 350 will be waived, and the final transaction fee would be NGN 2,000.
However, for transactions made with international cards or cards for domiciliary bank accounts, there is no transaction cap.
For international cards
- Our charge per transaction is 3.9% + NGN 100 (for prices listed in Naira)
- Our charge per transaction is 3.9% (for prices listed in USD)
Important to note
For card transactions made from domiciliary bank accounts in Nigeria, that is, bank accounts in US Dollars or Euros etc, we charge the same fees as international cards. This means our fees will be 3.9% or 3.9% + NGN 100, depending on the currency the merchant is receiving.
All other fees:
- Transfer: NGN 50 per transfer
- BVN verification API: NGN 10 per call (all merchants get 10 free calls every month).
For more information, you can check out our Paystack Pricing page.