How to turn on international payments on Paystack
All Paystack merchants - both Starter Businesses and Registered Businesses - are eligible able to accept payments from customers all over the world. This feature isn't turned on by default - instead, to be able to accept international payments for your Paystack business, you'll need to make a request.
It is possible that international payments has been turned on for your Paystack Registered Business if you attached the required information during your business activation process. Please confirm the status of your international payment request by following the instructions below.
How to confirm if your business has international payments enabled
- Ensure that your business has been activated. Learn how to activate your business on Paystack.
- Ensure that your Dashboard is in Live Mode
- Go to the Preferences tab on the Settings page of your Paystack Dashboard. You should see a section called International Payments, with text that explains if you have access to international payments as shown below.
If you do not have international payments enabled as shown in the image above, simply click on the 'make a request' link as shown, and follow the instructions below.
How to get access to international payments
Clicking on the 'make a request' link should show you a pop-up where you will be required to confirm the type of business registration document you attached while activating your Paystack Registered Business. Please select your business registration type from the dropdown list as shown below.
For Paystack Registered Businesses with Certificate of Incorporation (RC Number)
If your business was registered as an Incorporation (i.e you have a Certificate of Incorporation) please select the RC Number option, which should take you to a page similar to the one below.
- Kindly upload your full CAC registration pack and Identification for two (2) of the company's directors as required.
- Click on the 'Request International' button after uploading the required documents, to send your request to the Paystack support team. We will review this, and you should get a response from us within 24hours of your submission.
For Paystack Registered Businesses with Business Name certificate, CAC IT Number & all other business/organization types
If your business or organization was registered as
- A business name
- A CAC IT number
- A corporative
- Any other registration type
Please select the applicable option from the dropdown menu and follow the instructions as shown in the image below.
Upload an evidence of identification and enter your BVN as required in the available fields. Click on the 'Request International' button after uploading the required documents, to send your request to the Paystack support team. We will review this, and you should get a response from us within 24hours of your submission.