The Dashboard Transactions Page
The transactions section of the dashboard contains all the information you need about the transactions that have been attempted on your business. Here you can track successful, failed and even abandoned transactions.
Go get to this page, simply log into your Paystack dashboard and click on ' Transactions' on the left menu bar. Let's walk through the various parts of this page:
- Transaction Count: At the very top, beside the 'Transactions' header, you'll see the number of transactions displayed in the table below. This also changes when you filter transactions.
- All Accounts: You can choose to view transactions that were split with your Subaccount(s).
- Filters: You can filter the table of transactions by the transaction status (successful, failed, or abandoned), the channel (Card, Bank, USSD or QR), the customer's email or ID, the payment page ID, as well as by date periods.
- Search Reference: You can quickly search for a specific transaction using the transaction reference.
- Export CSV: You can export a CSV of your transactions at any time. Note that you can only export the contents currently displayed in the table, so if you filter the list of transactions to show only abandoned transactions, the CSV export will be a list of all abandoned transactions.
- Transaction Table: This table includes a summary of the filtered transactions, such as:
- The transaction status - Green indicates successful, red indicates failed and grey indicates abandoned.
- The transaction reference
- The amount paid
- The email address of the person that paid
- The payment channel
- The exact date and time when they paid
A transaction in more detail
If you click on any transaction, you are able to see additional information on that transaction. Here is an illustration of what this looks like:
- Amount: At the top left of the transaction details page, you'll see the amount that the customer paid.
- Transaction status: Here you will see if the transaction was successful, failed or abandoned.
- Reference: Here is the Reference for the transaction. This is useful, for example, when communicating with the Paystack about this specific payment.
- Channel: This is the channel the payment was made through, it could be card, bank, USSD or Visa QR.
- Fees: This is the fee Paystack charges for processing the transaction.
- Paid At: This is the exact date and time when the transaction was made.
- Plan On: This will only show if this transaction was a subscription payment. This field indicates what plan the payment was made to. You can read more about Paystack Plans here.
- Message: Here, we give a reason for the status of the transaction. Since this was a successful payment, we simply indicate the transaction was successful. However, if the transaction failed, this is where we tell you why it failed.
- Customer information: This is the customer info, including their name and email address. Clicking on this takes you to the customer detail page, which shows this customer's payment history with you. You can also choose to blacklist a customer here, if you do this, they will not be able to pay your business. Blacklisting can be reversed at any time.
- Refund: If you ever need to refund a customer, simply click on this button to initiate the process. Here is a guide to refunding a customer: How do I refund a customer?
- Analytics: The analytics section displays technical information about the transaction, including:
- The type of card used to pay
- The last 4 digits of the card number
- The authorization code
- The IP address where the payment was made from
- The bank that issued this card, and which country that bank is from
- Payment Timeline: This gives you a detailed lapse of the payment your customer made. This can be extremely helpful in understanding where customers are getting stuck while attempting to pay you.