Paystack Payment Pages
Payment Pages are the simplest way to collect payment through Paystack.
With Payment Pages, you can generate a simple link that allows customers to make one-time or recurring payments. You can send this link to customers via WhatsApp, email Twitter DM, or any other digital medium of your choice.
The Payments Page Summary page
The Payments Page Summary page is the first thing you'll encounter on the Payments Pages section. Let's break it down:
1. At the top right you'll find a running count of the Payment Pages you current own.
2. You can filter the list of Payment Pages by which ones are Active, Inactive, and the date of creation.
3. You can search for a specific Payment Page by entering its name into the search field and pressing the enter key
4. This is a table of your existing Payment Pages showing the following details:
- Status - green means the page is active, grey means its inactive
- Name - the name of the Payment Page
- Type - indicates the type of Payment Page, a Payment Page that accept one-time payments (listed on the table as Payment), or a Payment Page that accepts a recurring preset amount (listed on the table as Subscription), or a Payment Page that accepts a recurring amount and schedule that the user sets (listed on the table as Custom Plan)
- Amount - indicates whether the Payment Page collects a set amount (and how much it is), or whether the customer is able to enter a custom amount (listed as Open)
- Added on - this is the date that the Payment Page was created
- Link - direct link to the Payment Page
5. Click this button to create a new Payment Page
How to set up Paystack Payment Pages
- How to collect one-time payments with Payment Pages
- How to collect recurring payments with Payment Pages
Payment Page Detail
Clicking on a Payment Page on the Summary page takes you a Detail section.
1. This is the name of the Payment Page
2. Pill indicates the status of the page
3. Click this to quickly copy the Payment Page link
4. Click this to quickly open the page in new tab
5. Indicates the Payment Page type
6. This is the date and time when the Payment Page was created
7. The Transactions section lists all the payments that have been made on the Payment Page. Clicking a transaction takes you to a Transaction Detail page with more info about the transaction. Learn more about Transactions.
8. You can quickly export details about all the transactions that have been made on the Payment Page as a handy CSV. The columns are as follows:
- Reference number
- Transaction date
- Customer email address
- Amount paid
- Paystack fee
- Amount the merchant is due
- Settlement/Payout date
- Gateway response/status
- Customer Full Name
- Transaction ID
- Card type
- Card bank
- Country code
- Subaccount number
- Subaccount amount due
9. This is where you can edit the Payment Page or Delete it.
Important: Do not share links to test Payment Pages
Please pay careful attention to whether you create your Payment Pages while on Test Mode, or on Live Mode.
Payment Pages created in Test Mode cannot receive real payments. Only Live Payment Pages can receive real payments.
The sole purpose of the Test Payment Pages is to let you see how that Payment Page looks and behaves before you show it to real customers. If you share the URL to real customers, they will be unable to pay real money. Instead, they'll simulate a payment using the test cards provided, and you might accidentally deliver value to the customer for a simulated payment.
How to know if you're dealing with a Test Payment Page
1. If the business has not submitted a Go Live Activation Request, all Payment Pages associated with that business are 100% in Test Mode.
2. From the Dashboard, go to the Payments Pages Summary page and look at the top right corner. If the Dashboard Mode is set to Test Mode, then all the Payment Pages on that page are Test Payment Page.
3. The easiest way to tell if a Payment Page is in Test Mode is to visit that Payment Page link. If it's in Test Mode, there'll be 1/ a bright red notice bar at the top of the Payment Page, 2/ test payment details at the bottom of the Checkout page