Subscriptions allow customers to pay a specific amount every hour, day, week, month, or year depending on the recurring interval you set. With recurring payments on Paystack, the customer enters their card details once, and they're dutifully debited without them having to input their card details in future.
How to create a subscription page
Go here for a thorough explanation of how to collect recurring payments using Paystack Payment Pages.
Plans vs Subscriptions - what's the difference?
A Plan is a specific schedule of recurring payment, while a Subscription is a person who is on a Plan.
So, for example, your business could have a Plan that charges customers N5,000 every month for home cleaning, and your customer Dami, would be a Subscriber to that Plan.
The Plans Page
This page has a list of all your Plans. You can click on each Plan to see active subscriptions.
The details on the subscriptions detail page are:
1. Customer: This shows you the subscriber's email address.
2. Subscribed on: This shows you that date that the customer subscribed.
3. Limit: This indicates the invoice limit a merchant sets for a customer's subscription.
4. Next charge: This shows the next date a customer will be charged.
5. Actions: This is where a merchant can cancel a customer's subscription.
Selecting a plan interval
When you create a new plan, you'll be asked to select a plan interval - the time interval between when a customer is charged and the next time they're charged. You can select one of the following plan intervals:
How to delete a plan
To delete an existing plan, please take the following steps:
- Click on "Plan"
- Click on the plan that you wish to delete
- Click on "Delete Plan"
The Subscriptions Page
This page shows you a list of all subscribers. There're three types of subscriptions: Active, Inactive, and Complete.
- Active: These are subscriptions that are currently running.
- Inactive: These are cancelled subscriptions.
- Complete: These are subscriptions that have completed their intervals. This is useful when you set an invoice limit on a subscription.
You can use the Filter to show only a subset of the types of subscriptions. You can also search for specific subscriptions by "plan", "subscriber email" and "amount"
How to cancel your customer's subscription
- Click on "Subscriptions"
- Click on the subscription that you wish to cancel
- Click on "Cancel Subscription"