The Paystack Subscriptions feature allows customers to pay a specific amount every hour, day, week, month, or year depending on the recurring interval set on a plan. With recurring payments on Paystack, the customer enters their card details once, and they're dutifully debited without them having to input their card details again in future.
Important to Note
What is the difference between a Subscription and a Plan?
A Subscription is a customer who is paying you at intervals, while a Plan is the schedule of payment that is happening.
For example, your business could have a Plan that charges customers N5,000 every month for home cleaning, and your customer David, would be a Subscriber to that Plan.
How do I create a subscription page?
You can learn how to create a subscription page by going through our detailed guide on how to collect recurring payments using Paystack Payment Pages.
The Subscriptions Menu
This page shows you a list of all your customers subscribed to any of your plans. There are three types of subscriptions: Active, Inactive, and Complete.
- Active: These are subscriptions that are currently running.
- Inactive: These are cancelled subscriptions.
- Complete: These are subscriptions that are completed. This is useful when you set the number of times your customer should be charged.
There are a few ways you can interact with this page, such as searching for subscribers and filtering results, this is explained below:
- Search by email: You can search for a subscriber using their email address.
- Filter by Plan: You can filter your subscribers by the plan they are on.
- Filter by Status: Subscribers can also be filtered by the status of their subscriptions.
- Filter by Plan amount: You can also filter your subscribers by the price of their plans.
- Filter by Date range: Subscribers can be filtered by the date they subscribed to a plan.
How do I cancel a customer's subscription?
- First, go to the subscriptions menu on your dashboard.
- You will need to find the subscription you want to cancel, the easiest way to do this is to use your customer's email address to search.
- When you find the subscription click on it and then a pop-up will appear as captured below:
- Click on 'Cancel Subscription'
- You've successfully cancelled a subscription.
Important to Note:
Take note of the plan your customer is subscribed before you cancel a subscription. This is because the same customer can be subscribed to more than one of your plans and you would not want to cancel the wrong subscription.