How to collect one-time payments with Payment Pages
1. Click the New Page button to show the following popup
2. Click the Choose button under the One-time Payment section
3. Here is the simple form to fill out to create your Payment Page
- Page Name - this is the title at the top of your Payment Page. It's public, so it's a good idea to make the name descriptive (eg. Pack of 6 Red Velvet Cupcakes)
- Description - complete this option to provide more information to your customer. This is a good place to give a compelling description of the product or service, explain your return policy, or anything else that will compel customers to buy.
- Currency - Choose between NGN and USD
NB: You can only select USD if you have enabled USD on your Paystack business.
- I want a fixed amount on this page - by default, Payment Pages allow the customer to enter any amount they want (this is good for collecting donations, for example), but if you'd like to specify a price that you'd like everyone to pay, click this checkbox. You'll be able to enter a fixed price amount.
Minimum fixed payment amount
If you select to charge a fixed amount, please note that you can't charge less than NGN 100
- Collect phone numbers on this page - by default, Paystack collects email addresses of all customers. Clicking this checkboxes will include a mandatory phone number field that the customer will need to fill out.
Other than the basic settings of the Payment Page above, there're more advanced features as well, which you can access by clicking the "Show advanced options" button.
- Use your custom link - by default, Paystack automatically generates a link when you create a Payment Page, but you're able to add your branding to the link to make it easier to remember, and to give make your link look more professional and trustworthy, for example: paystack.com/pay/BellaShoes
- Redirect after payment - by default, after a customer completes a successful transaction, they remain on the post-purchase Thank You page. But if you wanted, you could make it so that right after customers purchase, they're taken to a different site. This is useful for things like:
- Sending customers to your social media page where they can follow you
- If you're selling digital content, you could redirect to an online folder where the customer could download the content
- Taking the customer back to the store page
- Success message - you can customize the message that the customer sees after they make a successful payment. You can use this opportunity to say thank you, or provide follow-up information.
- Send notification to - by default, transaction alerts are sent to the Business Email (you can change this on the Settings page), but if you enter an alternate email address here, alerts about payments will go to this email address instead
- Do you want to collect any extra information? - You can collect additional information from the customer such as ID Numbers, Addresses, and more.
Custom fields are mandatory for customers
Please note that additional fields are mandatory, which means that the customer will be unable to complete the form without entering content into those fields.