Updating your Paystack account and business information
The Settings section on your dashboard is where you set and update basic information about yourself and your business.
You or someone else on your team likely provided much of this information while signing up to use Paystack. You can update this information anytime you choose.
Updating your User Profile Information
Your Profile area is where to update basic information which Paystack uses to recognize and interact with you. This is different from your business information.
Here're the main parts of the Account Information section:
- Full name: Here, you should enter your first and last name in the fields provided.
- Email: The email provided here will be used for logging into your Paystack dashboard.
- Phone number: The phone number provided here serves as a direct contact if and when we need to reach you.
- Technical Skill Check: If you're a software developer, check this box to receive special email updates, as well as an optimized Dashboard experience. For example, if you have this box checked, we show links to the Developer Documentation more prominently.
- Password: This is where you can update the password you use to log into Paystack.
Keep your password private
Your Paystack password is a unique user identifier that shouldn't be shared. If you'd like to give someone else access to your business on Paystack, please add them as a User to your business. Here's how to add someone to your business on Paystack.
Updating your Business Information
1. The Business Information page can also be found under your settings. Here, you can edit and update information about your business:
- Bank Account: This the bank account to which your payouts will be sent. You can update this anytime, but make sure that the updated account name matches the business name on your business registration document.
NOTE: The Bank Account field ONLY shows up after the business has been activated. It's easy to activate your business on Paystack. More info: How To Activate Your Business on Paystack.
- Business Email: Enter your official business email address here. The email address receives all transaction notifications and general updates from Paystack. Also, if you don't provide a Support Email address, your Business Email will be attached to receipts and invoices.
- Business Name: Update the name of your business. This will be used to customize receipts, invoices, and your Payment Pages.
- Product Name: List the name of the product if it's different from the name of the business.
- Phone Number: The phone number provided here will receive One Time Passwords (OTP) when making Transfers from your dashboard.
- Business Address: This is the physical address of your company.
- Support Email: This is the email address that will show up on email receipts to your customers.
- Chargeback Email: This is supposed to be a dedicated email address where notifications of disputed transactions raised for your business by the banks are sent to. You're expected to respond to a chargeback raised within 24hours, so we recommend that this email address is checked often by a decision-maker at your organisation.
2. The Business Logo area is where you upload your official business logo. The image uploaded here will customize your Paystack Dashboard, and will be attached to:
- As the business logo on Payment Pages created by the business
Please make sure your uploaded image is not more than 512 KB in size, and that it has a dimension of at least 128 x 128 pixels.
What if you can't see the Business Information section?
Please note that this section might not be visible on your Dashboard, depending on your User permissions levels. It's only visible to the Business Owner / Administrator. Learn more about User roles on Paystack.